Hire an Assault Strangulation Attorney in Texas Today

Domestic violence criminal cases are emotional and difficult for all involved, especially with suffocation or strangulation. Strangulation is the intentional obstruction of normal breathing or circulation of the blood by applying pressure to the throat/neck or blocking the nose/mouth of someone. This is a new criminal charge in Texas. Felony strangulation is usually associated with domestic battery cases. An assault strangulation attorney understands assault criminal charges associated with this fully and can uphold it in a court of law for their clients.

The Texas Penal Cold Section 22.01 describes these offenses as increases to penalties where the assault is committed against a family member in Texas. The act of impeding circulation or breathing by strangulation is one such enhancement and can go from a class A misdemeanor to a third or second-degree felony in the state.

What are the penalties for Assault by Strangulation in Texas?

An assault strangulation attorney can fully explain all the penalties associated with your particular charge.

  • First Offense: Third-degree felony with a prison sentence of two to ten years and fines up to $10,000.
  • Second/Subsequent Offense: Prison sentence of two to 20 years and fines up to $10,000.

Individuals may also be ordered to pay up to $100 to a family violence shelter in Texas.

Call to Speak with a Professional Lawyer Today

If you’re facing charges of assault strangulation, you need a professional Texas lawyer by your side. Derek W. Emmons is dedicated to fighting for all of his clients. He has a proven track record of success and the skills and knowledge needed to represent you properly. His thoughtful counsel is priceless and could help sway the court in your favor. He offers free consultations where you discuss your case, he hears your side of the story, and answers any questions you may have. To have this important conversation with an assault strangulation attorney in and around San Antonio Texas today, call (210) 702-3054.