"This man became my rock throughout the next year and a half of criminal investigations and legal proceedings."
In the middle of the worst nightmare a mother could imagine, I found Derek Emmons through an internet search on the day my son was involved in a horrible situation. This man became my rock throughout the next year and a half of criminal investigations and legal proceedings.
I met with Derek within a few hours of my son’s arrest, and he listened to me and made sense of my frantic ramblings. His calm demeanor, interest in the case, and his knowledge and advice on the law assured me that I had found the right attorney to represent my son. At the conclusion of our meeting, he visited with my son at the police station and provided his counsel on the immediate situation.
* Answers his phone and/or returns calls promptly. (A simple thing, but I have found this rare in the legal profession.)
* Is knowledgable of the law and was able to navigate the case through the legal system to our best advantage.
* Never dropped the ball. He persistently worked with the investigators and the DA’s office to ensure my son’s voice was heard.
* Always kept us informed on the status of the case.
* Was able to get the charges reduced to the lowest possible level.
* Negotiated a fair plea bargain that we were comfortable with.
* Visited my son at the county jail throughout the year and a half of proceedings, sometimes with no other reason than just to check in with him.
* Still calls me periodically to see how my son is doing – even though the proceedings concluded about a year ago.
In the event that I would ever again need to hire an attorney for a criminal matter, I would immediately go to Derek Emmons. He is a good man and he cares about his clients. He knows what he is doing; he knows criminal defense. It was a huge blessing to find him on one of the worst days of my life. I’m so thankful that I did.